question

Siddhesh Narvekar avatar image
Siddhesh Narvekar asked

Multiplayer Server + Matchmaking with other backends

Hi
I was wondering if its possible to use Playfab Multiplayer servers with Playfab matchmaking with other backend services.
Lets say if we have third party backend service for player data and economy but wants to use Playfab's Matchmaking with multiplayer server and Party. Will it be possible? Or Playfab only support Multiplayer features with own player level data only.

I tried to search this on forum but coudnt get any result.

Thanks
Yours Truly

multiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Using PlayFab native Multiplayer Server, along with Matchmaking system will save plenty of development time, though theses 2 systems can work independently.

The matchmaking system will simply match the players who have created tickets and their attributes are satisfied with the configuration. You mentioned that you have an external backend service for player data and economy. To use PlayFab Matchmaking system, at least each player in your backend should create a PlayFab player account for one-one mapping. Server (Cloud Script and Azure Function) can help create tickets via CreateServerMatchmakingTicket API, any attributes required in the request can be filled in by the server securely. I am not sure how to get data from your backend server, but Azure Function is more flexible and powerful, it is possible to get corresponding data for a player to create the ticket.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Siddhesh Narvekar avatar image Siddhesh Narvekar commented ·

@SethDu thank you for reply.
I understand your points.
I have another question, is it possible to use Playfab Multiplayer servers with our own matchmaking and external backend?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Siddhesh Narvekar commented ·

Yes, it is possible. In that scenario, you will have your own server allocation system.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.