question

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio asked

Unreal Blueprint - Data Contention

Hello,

There appears to be no code in place to prevent data contention. I have multiple UMG widgets that each call on the PlayFab API. If two are initialized at roughly the same time since a single Delegate is used,  the response can be misdirected.

This is simple to reproduce with a single UMG with 2 widgets. One call on Get Title News while the other calls Get Current Games the processing time difference causes the data to overlap and will you end up trying to decode a News message from a Game Info object. 

There is also a show stopping bug in the Response handler - 
auto pfSettings = IPlayFab::Get();
should likely be 
auto& pfSettings = IPlayFab::Get();

Otherwise the data is copied and never actually updated so every future session required call will fail as the object that  setSessionTicket was called on gets deleted on scope exit.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

We are mid code review of our next release of the Unreal Blueprints SDK,  this should be fixed in the next release of the SDK.  

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

Thanks for the report,  we'll have to look into this more on both issues.  So we'll get back to you once we have done some research on the issue and hopefully have a resolution and update to the sdk.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.