question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Client Matchmaking API: how to set max number of players?

learner
started a topic on Wed, 21 January 2015 at 4:18 AM

Hello,

when starting a game/lobby, how can the max. number of users be set?

The reason for asking is that I want to do create games only for a fix number of players, say 8 users. After that a new game should be started when a new user wants to play.

Thanks and best regards,

HT.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 22 January 2015 at 1:25 AM

The max number of players is set as part of configuring the Game Modes for your custom game server. In addition, as part of configuring your game build in our service, the number of games per server host is specified. The way this works from the client perspective is then that a search should be done on available games using our Matchmake API call. If no games can be found with room for a player, that would be the time to call StartGame, to create a new server instance. I know I called this out in your other post, but for the sake of those reading this one without the benefit of the other, I would recommend reading this post for more information: https://support.playfab.com/discussions/topics/1000040625.

Brendan

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 22 January 2015 at 1:25 AM

The max number of players is set as part of configuring the Game Modes for your custom game server. In addition, as part of configuring your game build in our service, the number of games per server host is specified. The way this works from the client perspective is then that a search should be done on available games using our Matchmake API call. If no games can be found with room for a player, that would be the time to call StartGame, to create a new server instance. I know I called this out in your other post, but for the sake of those reading this one without the benefit of the other, I would recommend reading this post for more information: https://support.playfab.com/discussions/topics/1000040625.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.