question

tldQuantic avatar image
tldQuantic asked

Deployed Game Server state is blocked to PendingHeartbeat

Hi,

Until now, my game server deployed in Azure Playfab was working well.

However, I made a new version of my game server which was working well in local in process mode and in container mode. So, I uploaded it on Playfab but I cannot make it work anymore.

The state is blocked to PendingHeartbeat.

I tried to connect to this server with RDP in order to check if something is not correct and discovered a strange behaviour.

In the log directory, D:\GameLogs, every 5 seconds an existing folder is zipped then deleted and a new folder with a different name is created. This process is infinite.

Is this a correct behaviour?

My understanding was that if the game server work in container mode in local then it will work when deployed on Playfab.

So, what could be the issue?

My TitleID: 988F6

multiplayer
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

The log behavior is possibly because the server keeps initializing, this issue won't occur if the server build is in healthy lifecycle.

The Local environment can be different from server-side because the native docker image won't contain any external libraries or dependencies. I suggest compare the existing server build with the new version and make sure your project is built with dependencies.

0 Likes 0 ·
tldQuantic avatar image tldQuantic Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

By dependencies, you mean missing dll?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ tldQuantic commented ·

Yes. Have you compared both builds?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@tldQuantic Make sure your uploaded .zip file doesn't have a root folder.

The structure when unzipped should be like:

Server.zip:
  - File1.exe
  - File2.dat
  - Folder1
  - Folder2

And not like:

Server.zip
  - Folder
    - File1.exe
    - File2.dat
    - Folder1
    - Folder2
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tldQuantic avatar image tldQuantic commented ·

Yes, I confirm that the uploaded zip doesn't have a root folder.

0 Likes 0 ·
tldQuantic avatar image tldQuantic tldQuantic commented ·

I'm wondering how could I debug this issue as this is working fine in local in container mode?
I cannot attach the remote debugger to the deployed server in order to investigate what's going on. But the remote debugger works well in local in container mode.

0 Likes 0 ·
tldQuantic avatar image
tldQuantic answered

The problem is that the call to the readyForPlayers function is blocking the server forever and never return.
What could be a possible cause of this issue?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.