question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

What is service account key in Google Add-on?

Hello everyone,

While activating Google Add-on, there is a field called "Service account key". Its description says "Paste the contents of the JSON file into this field to enable subscriptions". Since we setup some subscriptions on Play Console, do I have to enter something in that field? If so, where can I find the JSON?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

A subscription is a recognition of a purchase of an auto-renewable. A subscription has an expiration time, and some meta data. For example, a purchase of Google Play product "gold_5" would be a subscription, and it might expire at 2021-10-1. If you would like to enable the subscription, you could refer to this document: Creating and managing service account keys and get the service account keys.

0 Likes 0 ·
Ozan Yilmaz avatar image Ozan Yilmaz Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

I have some subscriptions that are set on Play Console. So, I think I need to setup that service account key? Is there any tutorial about it?

I'm currently able to buy subscription without that service account key, but when I try to renew the subscriptions, PlayFab gives me error. The receipt returns as valid but it also gives me error saying something like the receipt has been used already. (I'll check the error message again.) If I setup the service account key, does it mean the receipt will not return any error when I try to renew the subscription?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

If you have access to the support ticket, you can submit a ticket to request the subscription feature.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.