question

jojo123123123 avatar image
jojo123123123 asked

About your servers

Hello. In Rainbow Six Siege, you can select your data center (game server) by changing the GameSettings.ini file. But the comment on this file hasn't been updated since Ubisoft introduced some new servers like "Central Europe 1", and because of that, I haven't found any way to select it mannerly. Currently, the comment looks like this:

;DataCenterHint =>
; default (ping based)
; eastus
; centralus
; southcentralus
; westus
; brazilsouth
; northeurope
; westeurope
; southafricanorth
; eastasia
; southeastasia
; australiaeast
; australiasoutheast
; japanwest
DataCenterHint=playfab/default

Please, could you somehow tell me each rainbow six siege server proper "code" - a string that can be used in this file to select a server manually? Or at least redirect me to someone who can solve the problem?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

As an end-user of their game, you're really going to have to ask Ubisoft for assistance with this. Our server hosting allows developers to control how they match players into servers in an extremely wide variety of ways. The "DataCenterHint" system you're referring to is specific to Ubisoft's implementation, and is not directly connected to any logic in PlayFab. The settings in that file are used by title-specific logic, written by the Rainbow Six team, to influence how your are matched into sessions.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.