question

Brecht Debruyne avatar image
Brecht Debruyne asked

RegisterPlayfabUser email verification?

I have found a whole bunch of posts explaining how to email verify the contact email for a title player account, but none for verifying or deleting a master player account login.

Players seem to be able to create a new playfab login by using any existing email, whether they own that email account or not seems to be irrelevant. How can I go about handling this?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Ivan Cai avatar image
Ivan Cai answered

Currently, PlayFab cannot directly handle the verification of the email address provided by the player. I suggest that you implement a verification mechanism for the email address on your own before registering players by calling RegisterPlayFabUser, such as sending verification code to the registered email address for verification.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.