question

Andrei Budaes Tanaru avatar image
Andrei Budaes Tanaru asked

Will Event Export get all historical data or just data from the moment it is activated?

Hi guys,

I am planning to export data into Azure Blobs to ultimately load in Snowflake. I've set the schedule to 1-hour frequency on all events and it currently shows as State=Active and Status=Pending. My questions are:

1. Is it pending for approval by someone (I am an admin) or will it start within an hour

2. Will it export all historical events or all events from the moment I start exporting?

3. If the latter, how can I export all historical too within the same blob?

Thanks

datatasksanalyticsscheduled tasks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andrei Budaes Tanaru avatar image
Andrei Budaes Tanaru answered

I think I can answer my own question now.

1. The schedule started within an hour and the Data Moved By this Export started increasing in MB

2. It exports only data from the moment the export has been scheduled

3. I tried using the .export function in Kusto but I am not a Studio Admin so I am using the azure.kusto.data package in python to do that.

The current documentation only shows how to connect via an AD app in Azure but found a simpler way.

import azure.kusto.data as akd

import json

client = akd.KustoClient("Data Source=https://insights.playfab.com;AAD Federated Security=True")

db = "{your database/id shown in PlayFab Game Manager}"
query = '''{your kusto query}'''

response = client.execute_mgmt(db, query)
data = json.loads(str(response[0]))['data']

When you run the query, it will print a code and open a Microsoft Authentication window where you need to paste the code.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the sharing. Please feel free to let me know if you need any other help about event export.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.