question

emreertugrul avatar image
emreertugrul asked

Multiplayer active servers went to 0, although standby is set to 1

Hi,

I have a question, maybe i misunderstood the concept of Standby server setting on the build.. I have it set to 1, assuming that it means there will always be 1 server available for servicing requests. And it was like that for a long time until yesterday suddenly the 1 vm got removed and no more servers were added. What would be the reason for that? And where should i look for reasons my VM gets shutdown, like logs or something? Trying to find a way to troubleshoot..

My build id that you see on the picture is 77606f90-1ad7-4ab2-bbcb-8b1b3ecbf954 and my title is 7C6FA.

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You got the concept of "Standby" server correct, which is the target number of servers to have waiting for an allocation. You mentioned "suddenly the 1 VM got removed and no more servers were added.", did you mean that the VM hosting the servers was unavailable for a period of time?(I can see now it's working properly though)

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

emreertugrul avatar image emreertugrul commented ·

Hi @Citrus Yan, yes the "Virtual Machines" tab in Multiplayer was basically empty, and thus the "Servers" tab was empty as well. And the matchmaking is tied to this build and it was getting stuck at "WaitingForServer" state because there were no vms ready. Like you said, i checked now and it's working correctly but this did happen, how can i see any logs and figure out why it happened?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan emreertugrul commented ·

Hi, may I know the approximate timeline of when that happened?

0 Likes 0 ·
emreertugrul avatar image emreertugrul Citrus Yan commented ·

It was Friday night midnight onwards.. So end of 12th, then 13th and 14th i think..

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.