question

mohsen-hzt avatar image
mohsen-hzt asked

User could Post something

Hi there, I work on a Text-Based project, where every user could, Kind of Post something permanent in the game [and will be able to post something new anytime], Now I'm just wondering, It seems to use StatisticUpdate and send their text by the string of the List is not a good idea, while anytime the game is loading I should Load All statistics from all users?!

As I think, the best scenario would be having One main Jason, that each player's post update below their ID or display name, then I can load / Filter all the Jason at the Start() or user's post something below their name during the game and so on.

or if there is any other feature in PlayFab for that?!?!

best!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The feature described is more like UGC, which is still in development by PlayFab, currently there is no ETA. PlayFab won't be able to handle a global variable that can be edited by many players as it can cause a conflict error from concurrent updates.

The workaround is to have an external database where the update to the specific data can be queued.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mohsen-hzt avatar image mohsen-hzt commented ·

Thanks! yes, exactly, I think PlayFab is more into getting player's data one by one, per log in, currently, I'm developing the idea with unity + php, trying to create a ".txt" file then getting playfab IDs to write in the file by IDs, But I just wondering, is it work for huge data? like thousand of lines?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ mohsen-hzt commented ·

Does it mean you have a web server to host those data? I believe as long as the data update is queued, there won't be conflict issues. You may store the processed .txt on PlayFab via CDN or Entity Files feature (Please also refer to the Title limits)

0 Likes 0 ·
mohsen-hzt avatar image mohsen-hzt Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the replay, Actually I did a test that I need advice, I did something that player Log in, I get the player's name, then ask for a message, then I write the message in the next line of the .txt file on my server by unity+PHP the result is something like:

#User1:message aaa bbb
#User1:new message hey
#User1:yes yess message
#User1:Hey message sample
#User2:Salaam heeeey
#User2:E Again again again again again again ss
#User3:Message 3user sample

then I sort and filter everything, I really like this way text working, while I believe a database is much stronger, but I'm just curious how much is the text capacity for that job, I mean what will happen when I will reach 10000 lines?

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.