question

daniel-6 avatar image
daniel-6 asked

Playfab and unity integration

Hi,

I'm getting a bunch of warnings in Unity with PlayFab asset on the same style as this (350 + warnings):

Assets\PlayFabSDK\Shared\Ionic.Zlib\Inflate.cs(120,32): warning CS0436: The type 'ZlibCodec' in 'E:\Portal\Unity\ARpresenter\Assets\PlayFabSDK\Shared\Ionic.Zlib\ZlibCodec.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'ZlibCodec' in 'Ionic.Zip, Version=1.9.1.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edbe51ad942a3f5c'. Using the type defined in 'E:\Portal\Unity\ARpresenter\Assets\PlayFabSDK\Shared\Ionic.Zlib\ZlibCodec.cs'.

They all seem to be related to that folder:

How can I get rid of those warnings?

Thank you

nrouq.png (137.8 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

We can’t reproduce this behavior in the empty testing project, PlayFab SDK should work fine. It seems a common question of Unity, you can refer to the similar threads in the Unity forum for troubleshooting, or contact the Unity supports for help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daniel-6 avatar image
daniel-6 answered

Have you looked at the selected answer on the link you shared? This is an issue with the way PlayFab is handling its assemblies... I can't do anything with that...

I followed the instructions here to install the SDK and I get all the warning every time I import the SDK package my unity project : https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK

I'm using unity 2020.2.3f1.

The way I installed it is by importing the file : UnitySDK.unitypackage and then the file PlayFabEditorExtensions.unitypackage from the link I shared with you and I get all the warnings popping up when installing the UnitySDK.unitypackage ...

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.