question

Ubik avatar image
Ubik asked

Downloading character file returns 404

When attempting to download a file belonging to a character in the Playfab Developer/Admin webpage, a 404 not found page is displayed:

No webpage was found for the web address: https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/*TitleID*/players/*playerID*/characters/*charID*/[object%20Object]

HTTP ERROR 404

(some sensitive data has been redacted)

Downloading a file for a Player works as intended, but for the characters.. the "[object%20Object]" seems to be appended to the URL, and thus returns a 404...

Is this a known issue?

Characters
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ubik avatar image Ubik commented ·

Has this issue been resolved yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Ubik commented ·

I haven’t heard about any update to this issue yet. As there are only a few reports about this issue and there is workaround for this issue, it could be less prioritized to fix. We don’t have ETA of when it will be resolved. Your patience is appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Thanks for your report, I have done a test and reproduced this issue. I will report this issue to the corresponding team and keep you informed about the update. Your patience is appreciated. For now, you could use the GetFiles API to get the file.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.