question

tekunikaruza avatar image
tekunikaruza asked

How to use "Namespace" of GetPlayerTags

I'm trying to use "PlayerStream - GetPlayerTags" (Client).

This request has parameter "Namespace", and the reference explains "Optional namespace to filter results by".

I understand that if I don't specify this parameter, I get the following response:

{
  "code": 200,
  "status": "OK",
  "data": {
    "PlayFabId": "HOGEHOGE",
    "Tags": [
      "title.{TitleId}.Example.TagName14",
      "title.{TitleId}.Example.TagName3",
      "title.{TitleId}.Sample.TagName9"
    ]
  }
}

For example, if I want to filter by "title. {TitleId} .Example" to get the tags, can I control it with the "Namespace" parameter? I tried regular expressions and wildcards, but both returned an empty tags list.

I expect the following response:

{
  "code": 200,
  "status": "OK",
  "data": {
    "PlayFabId": "HOGEHOGE",
    "Tags": [
      "title.{TitleId}.Example.TagName14",
      "title.{TitleId}.Example.TagName3",
    ]
  }
}
PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

As this documentation -- Play Stream - Add Player Tag (PlayFab Server) | Microsoft Docs said, the tag’s namespace is generated automatically based on the source of the tag. Currently, the custom namespace is not supported. If you want this API add the feature of custom namespace, you can try to add a feature request for it.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tekunikaruza avatar image tekunikaruza commented ·

Thank you for your answer. I understand that custom namespaces are not supported.

So what does the "Namespace" parameter mean? Shouldn't this parameter be used?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang tekunikaruza commented ·

Currently, the only valid namespace of player tags is “title.[TitleId]”. Setting it to other namespaces wouldn’t make sense.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.