question

Timurs Sugajevs avatar image
Timurs Sugajevs asked

Playfab ID changes multiple times on the same iOS device with a game on Unity

We have some serious problem on iOS with Unity. Some users have sporadically changing IDs on their devices. Devices are the same, devices IDs are the same, but from time to time Playfab ID changes by itself.

Our title ID: 4F51

We have a user with first Playfab ID of BA9D249BA885B85C and DeviceID: 503B0EFD-C95B-477F-B507-A6D22BF5BC3C

But then Playfab IDs changed several times to:

2202A1B3F37E946D

716E8D706AA5695

67A1F48B6CAEAA08

648E01AA5CCC9E07

Application was NOT reinstalled.

Authentication
7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I assume those IDs are PlayFab ID (master player account ID). May I ask which API your game is using for login? I cannot see the iOS platform user ID on my side, would you check those identities in your Game Manager?

0 Likes 0 ·
Timurs Sugajevs avatar image Timurs Sugajevs Seth Du ♦ commented ·

We use LoginWithIOSDeviceID. Then GameCenter login or Apple sign in may be called by a user.

All those IDs have IOS Device ids.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Timurs Sugajevs commented ·

PlayFab won't interfere how Unity retrieves the iOS device ID, as the server simply check the existing of device ID you have defined or get in the request. But I believe GameCetner ID and Apple Sign-in won't keep changing.

If you notice the iOS device ID changes often via the same method, I suggest use AdvertisingIdentifier instead of Systeminfo.deviceUniqueIdentifier. Please also refer to How to fix creating a new user on iOS every time app is uninstalled and installed again - Playfab Community

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.