question

Preston Phillips avatar image
Preston Phillips asked

Manual message reading

HI,
I am currently setting up the network messaging for our game and am wondering if there is a way manually Peak and Read messages that another user has send? (like a socket)
So far I have found the call PlayFab.Party.PlayFabMultiplayerManager.Get().SendDataMessage() for sending data messages to other players in the network but am wondering if there is a way to manually read these messages when the game is safe to act on them rather then just listening to PlayFab.Party.PlayFabMultiplayerManager.Get().OnDataMessageNoCopyReceived, queue them and then acting on them when ready.

multiplayer
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

According to Transport options - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, there are only different transport behavior can be configured in Party. I believe the requirement is more like a client side logic. Does the "when the game is safe to act" mean blocking messages when the game is in progress?

0 Likes 0 ·
Preston Phillips avatar image Preston Phillips Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Its more during setup I don't to be reading in messages until the game as setup all its parts. It would also be handy to be able to control when I act on received data instead of just acting on it when the callback happens.

Currently I can get this by manually storing the messages as they arrive then manually reading the store but was wondering if there was an easier way already done in the API.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Preston Phillips commented ·

Does it mean only initiating the Network manager while the game is setting up, and when it is "safe", the player can create or join the party network?

Can you access the Xbox developer forum? You may share your ideas there or find support from your Microsoft representative.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.