question

Preston Phillips avatar image
Preston Phillips asked

Multiple networks at the same time

Hi,
I am wanting to create/join multiple networks at the same time. I am currently using PlayFabMultiplayerManager.Get().CreateAndJoinNetwork() but this seams to kick me from any other network I am currently in. Is there a way to be in multiple networks at once?

The reason I am wanting this is so I can have one network holding the users party (them and any friends they want to play with) and then when they join a public game also join a second network that will hold them and all other users in the game.

multiplayer
3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Preston Phillips avatar image Preston Phillips commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Preston Phillips avatar image Preston Phillips Preston Phillips commented ·

No wait that just covers multiple users on one system.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Preston Phillips commented ·

Currently there is no doc on maintaining multiple networks, we are discussing with the team regarding this & will give you a proper response, thanks for your patience!

1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi @Preston Phillips, the Party Unity Plugin, which I assume is the one you're using, doesn't support multiple simultaneous networks with its current singleton design oriented towards simplicity of use. And, currently there is no plan to add this feature in the near future, please post a feature request here in this forum if you want this feature to be added, more votes can help us prioritize our work.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.