question

alan-lawrance avatar image
alan-lawrance asked

,Sharing gameplay videos

We are looking for a solution that would allow a user to store a video (with meta-data) server-side. Then other clients would be able to get a filtered list of videos, and then playback (stream) videos. I didn't see user-generated content in the features list, but I figured I should ask here as well.

The videos have a 5MB size limit, so there would need to be some server-side logic to reject videos that are too large. It would also be ideal to have some logic that would limit users to a maximum number of video uploads per day.

If this isn't possible with Playfab today, are there any plans for UGC in the future that would accommodate this type of functionality?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab UGC is not supported for now, and if “Sharing gameplay videos” is a short term requirement, you may consider implement external service to work with your existing system.

According to the roadmap: PlayFab Roadmap - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

Improved Economy and User Generated Content

These services will begin to move from private to public preview in the first half of 2021. Our Economy services include redemption, wallet, and inventory capabilities while UGC provides a highly scalable catalog plus content moderation, ratings, and reviews. These services are used to power the Minecraft Marketplace, supporting millions of transactions and the consumption of user generated content at scale. The LiveOps Masterclass with Minecraft video gives a good overview.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.