question

stephencox avatar image
stephencox asked

LoginWithXbox always returns "Could not determine a title id for this."

I'm having trouble logging in with the LoginWithXbox function. I'm using Unity 2019.4.14f1, I've imported the Unity editor extensions, downloaded the Playfab SDK and added the Playfab Party add-on. I'm able to retrieve the required token but every time I try to login I get the following error:

/Client/LoginWithXbox: Could not determine a title id for this.

I've been testing the API with Postman and have verified that the token I'm sending is valid - I'm able to successfully login from there. After much experimentation I noticed that I get the same error using Postman if I remove the TitleId field from the body of the request.

I'm using the following code to try and log in. Any recommendations on how to successfully log in with this method would be appreciated.

var request = new LoginWithXboxRequest { XboxToken = token, TitleId = "XXXXX", CreateAccount = true };
	PlayFabClientAPI.LoginWithXbox(request, OnLoginSuccess, OnLoginFailure);
unity3dsupport
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

stephencox avatar image stephencox commented ·

Update - we're actually using Unity 2019.4.16f1 that supports GameCore. The PlayFab SDK we're using is UnitySDK-2.103.210125.

I used fiddler to look at the call to https://XXXX.playfabapi.com/ and it doesn't look like any of the parameters (XboxToken, TitleId or CreateAccount) are being included in the call, which would explain the error response.

How to I generate a valid API call that includes those parameters?

0 Likes 0 ·
stephencox avatar image stephencox commented ·

It looks like this may be caused by a bug in the Microsoft XCurl library that is resulting in the POST data not being sent out. Upgrading to Unity 2019.4.17f1 is supposed to fix the problem. I'm upgrading now and will report back.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
stephencox avatar image
stephencox answered

Upgrading to Unity 2019.4.18f1 fixed the problem.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.