question

Andrei Buciuta avatar image
Andrei Buciuta asked

Unreal Engine and PlayFab

Hi everyone.

I just made an Unreal dedicated server (4.26) and uploaded it to PlayFab. It says that it's unhealty and "PendingHeartbeat".

For the integration I used the plugin from here: https://github.com/narthur157/playfab-gsdk-ue4, which is based on the HICON example docs. I tried with the example directly and I had the same problem so I thought that I messed something up.

I also disabled the Movie Player as in the docs.

Locally it runs perfectly with and without containerization, the problem only appears when I upload the build.

Any tip would be highly appreciated as I don't know how to debug this.

unreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andrei Buciuta answered

Rechecked everything. It seems I made a mistake on my part. Containerization is not working as I get the same "Heartbeat endpoint and Server id are required configuration values". Can't figure out how to fix it though.

P.S. Sorry again for the mistake

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Your issue is similar to the one mentioned in this thread:https://community.playfab.com/questions/34203/ue4-heartbeat-endpoint-and-server-id-are-required.html, did you find it helpful?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrei Buciuta avatar image Andrei Buciuta Citrus Yan commented ·

After reconfiguring everything, rechecked the dll files it seems that it's working, not sure what the problem was, maybe I missed a dll as I need about 30.

Thank you for the help!

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Andrei Buciuta commented ·

No problem, glad that it's working now!

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrei Buciuta answered

I manually extracted the files (I could find nothing in the c:\Asset folder) and got a missing dll error when I ran the server exe (D3dcompiler_43.dll). I added it and reuploaded the build. Still not working.

5 comments
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

It's suggested that you verify containerization for the game server before uploading it to the cloud, please check out this section for more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/locally-debugging-game-servers-and-integration-with-playfab#verifying-containerization

0 Likes 0 ·
Andrei Buciuta avatar image Andrei Buciuta Citrus Yan commented ·

I checked and it works perfectly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Andrei Buciuta commented ·

So the local VmAgent could can detect the heartbeat from the game server in container, is that correct? Please provide your title id for us to investigate further.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.