question

Brendan Malcolm avatar image
Brendan Malcolm asked

Title exceeded limit query. Playstream being spammed with this but only from 1 player? Cannot confirm

Hello! I have a query regarding the event Title exceeded limit.

It seems I am being spammed with this, specifically the Update User Data per 15 second/1 minute /5 minutes. I've watched and analysed the playstream and looked into the JSON provided. I see the Associated Entities - Player is the same on ALL of these events?

I've looked into the player profile provided but the event history shows no error. Do these errors show within player profiles?

I'd like a way to confirm if this one player is causing the spam of the exceeded limit event so I can take action. It's completely filling up my event and confusing me.

My game only updates 1 key:value pair every 10 seconds, so I don't know why this is being spammed every second, multiple times.

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

From looking at the details, you do have one player hitting it at a fairly massive rate. There are a few that are hitting it at an extremely high rate other than that account, and then you have many players that hit it occasionally.

This query in the advanced data explorer will get you the list of PlayFab IDs running into this error, and the count for the last day:

['events.all'] 
| where Timestamp > ago(1d)
| where FullName_Name == "title_exceeded_limit"
| summarize Count = count() by tostring(EventData.AssociatedEntities.player)
| order by Count desc
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Brendan Malcolm avatar image Brendan Malcolm commented ·

Hi Brendan. Thanks so much for this, really appreciate it. This will help me resolve the spam and deal with it accordingly.

ps: nice name :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.