question

joshwendt avatar image
joshwendt asked

Segments and Automation not working correctly

Recently I've ran into an issue with our title's segments not displaying/updating correctly, as well as automated tasks not affected an entire segment. The exact issue I encountered today happened when I tried to update the "All Players" segment, however the automated task only updated a portion of the segment. I've run the same task in the past and it worked fine, but now it's having issues.

Here's the task I ran today:

{
    "TaskInstanceId": "6C6DE0D73D6A0D2-6",
    "TaskIdentifier": {
        "Name": "Subscribe",
        "Id": "6C6DE0D73D6A0D2"
    },
    "StartedAt": "2021-01-26T19:12:47.0687992",
    "CompletedAt": "2021-01-26T19:13:58.8039331",
    "Status": "Succeeded",
    "PercentComplete": 100,
    "EstimatedSecondsRemaining": null,
    "ScheduledByUserId": "5742E67AB66F09CE",
    "ErrorMessage": null,
    "ErrorWasFatal": null,
    "TotalPlayersInSegment": 996,
    "TotalPlayersProcessed": 996
}

And here's the same task that worked in the past:

{
    "TaskInstanceId": "6C6DE0D73D6A0D2-5",
    "TaskIdentifier": {
        "Name": "Subscribe",
        "Id": "6C6DE0D73D6A0D2"
    },
    "StartedAt": "2021-01-04T22:51:57.6791347",
    "CompletedAt": "2021-01-04T22:54:01.0879888",
    "Status": "Succeeded",
    "PercentComplete": 100,
    "EstimatedSecondsRemaining": null,
    "ScheduledByUserId": "5742E67AB66F09CE",
    "ErrorMessage": null,
    "ErrorWasFatal": null,
    "TotalPlayersInSegment": 2655,
    "TotalPlayersProcessed": 2655
}

Both tasks were used on the segment ID DAE600F68B211E6E.

Any help/insight would be appreciated!

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

You mentioned that you updated the “All Players” segment, could you please describe what is updated in the segment? (the filters, or the actions?) Please also provide your title ID for us to diagnose.

0 Likes 0 ·
joshwendt avatar image joshwendt Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

We're just updating the statistic "unsubscribed" for the segment "All Players" by 1. There are no filters or actions applied to this segment, it just contains everyone who's registered on our game. Our title ID is 9570.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ joshwendt commented ·

We have inspected your title, we confirm that the task you provide is running for only part of the segment. However, according to our test, we could not reproduce this issue. We do not have access to your task configuration, could you please provide the detail about the issue task and the steps of how the task is set up?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
joshwendt avatar image joshwendt Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Our title is live, so we're not in development mode. However, we currently have 2,943 players in our title.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ joshwendt commented ·

We notice that there was an incident at the time when you encounter this issue. The incident has been fixed, and I cannot reproduce the issue you described. Could you please try running a test task and see if you can still reproduce this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
oomgamesd3 avatar image
oomgamesd3 answered

Hello, I just go a similar issue.

I actualy have 122 players in mi "All Players" segment. (the same number that are in in-development players in my title)

And I do an Action type "Execute Cloud script", the function that I call just call "UpdateUserData" and add one data with "hello" inside.

handlers.SetTestData = function(args, context) {

server.UpdateUserData({PlayFabId:currentPlayerId, Data:{"TestData": "hello" }});
};

And when I execute mi Scheduled Tasks on the segment "All Players" it's said that Players affected is 113.

"TotalPlayersInSegment":
113,"TotalPlayersProcessed":

I'm chearching, I don't see which player doesn't have the data "TestData".

Hello, I just go a similar issue.

I actualy have 122 players in mi "All Players" segment. (the same number that are in in-development players in my title)

And I do an Action type "Execute Cloud script", the function that I call just call "UpdateUserData" and add one data with "hello" inside.

handlers.SetTestData = function(args, context) {

server.UpdateUserData({PlayFabId: currentPlayerId, Data:{"TestData": "hello" }});

};

And when I execute mi Scheduled Tasks on the segment "All Players" it's said that Players affected is 113.

"TotalPlayersInSegment": 113,

"TotalPlayersProcessed": 113

I'm chearching, I don't see which one players doesn't have the data TestData.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Could you please provide your title id?

0 Likes 0 ·
oomgamesd3 avatar image oomgamesd3 Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

My title ID is E8C03

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.