question

MoonHeonYoung avatar image
MoonHeonYoung asked

PLAYFAB + GOOGLE integration

The Google Developer Console has been renewed, so I cannot follow the PlayFab documentation.

The "Linked app" part does not exist and the "launch URL" part does not exist anymore.

So I write it myself like above the screenshot, is it correct to write it like this?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MoonHeonYoung avatar image MoonHeonYoung commented ·

The part above is "Authorized JavaScript Original" The bottom part is "redirect url"

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Thanks for your report. Currently, to set the Authorized JavaScript origins and Authorized redirect URIs, you can login to https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials and choose the your project and then choose the Web application type client id. You can find the client id, client secret, and add the Authorized JavaScript origins and Authorized redirect URIs in that page. Then you can continue follow this document: Setting up PlayFab authentication using Google Play games sign-in in Unity to set up the Google sign-in.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

MoonHeonYoung avatar image MoonHeonYoung commented ·

Thank you for answer!

I was wondering what to put in the "approved java url", but it solved.

LAUNCH URL part = Authorized Java URL part

nice :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Greg Quinn avatar image Greg Quinn commented ·

@Rick Chen Why is all the documentation around this all still out of date a year later? Why can't Playfab have one simple step-by-step guide without having to look at about 3 different articles and 10 forum posts? This is very frustrating to follow and figure out.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jérémie Fouché avatar image Jérémie Fouché Greg Quinn commented ·

Yes they make me crazy for so much topic its every times the same : obsolet documentation, no tutorials, no initiative to fix that after so many years, they seems they dont want people use PlayFab its weird

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt avatar image Matt Greg Quinn commented ·

Bump. Can someone from PlayFab / Microsoft please explain to us why creating a new document isn't a priority? One day from your employee would save *countless* hours for YOUR CUSTOMERS. I may start looking elsewhere if support will continue like this - I've already dealt with exactly this problem with the Azure documentation.

I've never seen a service so intent on pushing away customers.

0 Likes 0 ·
drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 commented ·

Can we get an answer why the Google login is so out of date?

0 Likes 0 ·
nathancarpenter avatar image nathancarpenter commented ·

Agreed, documentation needs to be a higher priority. Very frustrating experience with play fab so far.

0 Likes 0 ·
anudeep avatar image
anudeep answered

how do I get my Url for for Authorized Java ? @Rick Chen

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.