question

eparesignups avatar image
eparesignups asked

Do Azure Functions generate cloud script errors or log.LogError?

I currently have an Azure Function that I have set to only throw an Exception. I was under the impression that unhandled errors show up ins Cloudscript Errors under Automation.

I have also tried using log.LogError but I'm not sure where to find this error log. On the Handling Errors on Cloudscript page it says that log.logError would force an error log.

Are these not supported on Azure Functions?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Azure function does log any information you specified in the code. Please refer to Azure Documentation on: Monitor Azure Functions | Microsoft Docs.

You will be able to modify the logging levels via host.json file, please check: host.json reference for Azure Functions 2.x | Microsoft Docs.

If you are using Visual Studio Code, a convenient way is to right-click the function you want to monitor then click “Start Streaming Logs”, any execution logs will be redirected to the Output window.

PlayFab PlayStream Event currently doesn’t support displaying the details of error, feel free to send a thread on the Feature Requests forum -- https://community.playfab.com/spaces/24/index.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.