question

Lukasz Borun avatar image
Lukasz Borun asked

Steam WebAPI error: 102 (Ticket for other app)

Hi,

I try login via steam account but after i generate SteamTicket i got error like in topic.

Steam WebAPI error: 102 (Ticket for other app)

Steam is enabled and configured in Add-Ons. Any idea where is a problem ?:)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Edit: We've updated the page to take the Steam Web API Key in the native (decimal) format.

First, please make sure that what you entered in the Game Manager is the Web API Key. You can find it in the Steamworks site by going to Users & Permissions, selecting Manage Groups, select the group you'll be using for the title (or create one, if you don't have one set up), and in that group, generating a Web API Key (if you don't already have one there). That Key is what goes into the Add-ons page for Steam in PlayFab. Also, please note that the Steam App ID in the PlayFab Add-ons page should be entered in hexadecimal format (it's in decimal on the Steam page).

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Lukasz Borun avatar image Lukasz Borun commented ·

Thank you Brendan. Problem was in SteamID becouse it was in decimal format.

0 Likes 0 ·
piotr avatar image piotr commented ·

Oh I see that Lukasz has already started a topic here for our title. As it happened it worked - however after changing the game id (from demo to full version) it stopped working (as I already stated in another post). We also tried creating new group (with only full version) and reinstalling an add-on via PlayFab Dashboard.

We would highly appreciate your help here.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan piotr commented ·

Sorry, but could you clarify what the issue is? The issue posted in this thread by Lukasz was due to the title's Steam ID being entered in decimal format, when hexadecimal was expected.

0 Likes 0 ·
piotr avatar image piotr brendan commented ·

You're obviously right. I am sorry for not being precise.

So we have this app with id EC58. On steam we are providing two builds Demo 525340 and Full 525330.

We have created Group with 525340 (demo), created WebApi key and configured PlayFab with those data.

It IS working.

Then we added app 525330 (full) to this group and we changed App Id on PlayFab. It STOPPED working (error 102).

So we created NEW group with only 525330 (full) in it and created new WebApi key. We set new key in PlayFab configuration next to appid (525330). It WAS NOT working.

So we changed back app id to 525340 (demo) but we left the WebApi key of the new steamworks group (including only app 525330 and NOT 525340). And IT IS working!

I am sorry for long action log but this is confusing. Why we cannot login with the full version app id but we can with demo id even if this demo is not in a group with the provided Api key? That is confusing - and I am afraid that this is something that might change in the future causing unexpected issues.

But maybe there is something that should be resetted or changed... I am just afraid for players loosing their Playfab cloud saves in the future

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.