question

arda avatar image
arda asked

Cannot register Playfab push service on newer Huawei devices

Hi, I'm trying to register a Huawei P Smart 2021 device to Playfab push service with PlayFabClientAPI.AndroidDevicePushNotificationRegistration function. It works any other manufacturer like Xiaomi, LG, Samsung and others. Problem is newer Huawei devices doesn't have Google services and OnTokenReceive function from Firebase Messaging returns emtpy token, so I cannot register to Playfab notification service. Is there any way to fix this? Is Playfab supports(or going to) Huawei push token registration? Thanks.

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not sure of the latest policy from Google, but it seems the GMS (Google Mobile Services) can be completed removed from Huawei new devices. I think you may find a way to install the GMS packages into your devices from other developer communities to solve this issue as this forum is only for PlayFab technical discussion.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.