question

Denzie Gray avatar image
Denzie Gray asked

SharedGroupData Policy

Is it possible to disable read/write permissions via the policy api?

I am currently using sharedgroupdata and I saw that an old thread suggested not adding members to the group but have things changed?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

API access policy can only “Allow” or “Deny” the API calls. I will suggest you to deny the Client API UpdateSharedGroupData and migrate the update processes to Cloud Script/Azure Function, where necessary verifications can be done before the data is updated.

15 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Denzie Gray avatar image Denzie Gray commented ·

And this is possible for the other API calls? I would like to prevent the user from deleting or creating groupshared data or adding members.

May I see an example of a policy that denies only the client from UpdateSharedGroupData but allows the server/admin?

Thanks for your response.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Denzie Gray commented ·

You may call UpdatePolicy API with the following request:

{
  "PolicyName": "ApiPolicy",
  "Statements": [
    {
      "Resource": "pfrn:api--/Client/UpdateSharedGroupData",
      "Action": "*",
      "Effect": "Deny",
      "Principal": "*",
      "Comment": "This statement deny client UpdateSharedGroupData"
    }
  ],
  "OverwritePolicy": false
}
0 Likes 0 ·
Denzie Gray avatar image Denzie Gray Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thank you so much!

My last question, is it possible to directly edit the policy in the dashboard? Or via a cloudscript execution?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.