question

umut avatar image
umut asked

What Method To Use For Storing Chat Logs of a Group?

Hi,

I've created a clan/guild system using the Groups feature. I have also added party feature for chatting. I am however lost when it comes to making the chat persistent. Group objects can store only up to 1000 bytes and cloudscript does not support I/O operations so i can't use entity files.

Thanks in advance,

CloudScriptentitiesShared Group Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

You should be careful about Incremental update and as the data increases, it can be redundant. It is the reason why there is a limit for Objects. We highly recommend to only store necessary information in Objects.

The limit to Objects can be increased, but is only eligible for Premium and Enterprise tier. The maximum value of it still won’t be enough for your scenario. If the storage of chat logs is required, entity Files should be a better way. I believe you are able to process File IO with Azure Function, you may consult the Azure support for more information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.