question

martyn avatar image
martyn asked

Unity Login Sample issue,PlayFab Authentication Sample Issue

Hello

I am getting the following error in the Unity Authentication example after making some changes..

/Client/AddUsernamePassword: Invalid Input Parameters

Email: The Email field is required

Even after I remove the changes I can no longer login... so I am guessing something is being stored somewhere but I have no idea where...

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Hello

I am using the PlayFab Authentication example for Unity and after making some modifications I am getting the following error...

/Client/AddUsernamePassword:Invalid Input Parameters

Email: The Email field is required

Even if I change the scripts and scene back it no longer works... I am assuming something is being stored somewhere but no idea how to fix..

Can anyone offer some advice?

Thanks

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

This error means that your Unity project is calling AddUsernamePassword API without providing the Email. You can debug that part of code yourself or provide the code snippet for us to diagnose.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

martyn avatar image
martyn answered

Hello

Thanks for the response..

I am unable to find where the AddUsernamePassword call is being made.. from what I can see it appears that the function is being called with locally stored details.. but I cannot find a way to clear the local store...

This is using the playfab samples master unity signin example..

1 comment
10 |1200

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

You can find the code that cause the error by clicking the error to expand the detail, then you can view where the error is caused.

By “playfab samples master unity signin example”, did you mean this repo? If so, the AddUsernamePassword is called in this code. You could also follow this document: Debugging C# code in Unity to trace the variables and see how it is passed to the API call.

0 Likes 0 ·
martyn avatar image
martyn answered

Hello

Yes, exactly this..

Unfortunately the debug log only takes me to the error creation point in the code, no further..

But yes, I see what is happening but no idea how to resolve.. it would seem the local username / password that has been stored during silent authentication is somehow not being passed over...

Even deleting the user account and project does not fix the issue.. so I am at a bit of a loss...

Any extra help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

2 comments
10 |1200

martyn avatar image martyn commented ·

I should add that silent authentication IS working, it is just failing to add the username and password as it doesn't seem to exist...

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

From your description, we cannot determine what could be the issue. If you think it is because something is cached locally, you could choose the Edit -> Clear All PlayerPrefs and try again. Please follow the document: Debugging C# code in Unity as mentioned before to track each variables (for example, how the Email variable is passed to the function, when is it assigned) and find the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.