question

vutruongwork avatar image
vutruongwork asked

What is proper way to set up a server maintenance?

Hi, what is proper way to set up a server maintenance using Playfab? Title Data or "Disable all API request access"? I'm new to Playfab, so I need some help.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Feel free to check "Disable client API access" in the API feature tab of Title settings for maintenance as we will usually recommend so.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vutruongwork avatar image vutruongwork commented ·

Could you give more details about how do you set up a server maintenance?. How do you inform all players after checked "Disable client API access". Does it take effect immediately?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ vutruongwork commented ·

According to the description from Game Manager, this action may take up to 10 minutes to take effect and due to PlayFab public servers are shared, the time for each player is different.

Meanwhile, after this option has taken effect, all the APIs will be declined, and will return a similar callback result from an API call. Your client should monitor this specific error and inform the player that the miantainance has started.

0 Likes 0 ·
Steffan avatar image Steffan Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Is there a way I can use "Disable client API access" but still have API access myself for development purposes? Let's say I want to turn on maintenance to create some new cloudscript functions, how should I go about testing them if I can't use a client to access them?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.