question

Daniel Marques avatar image
Daniel Marques asked

Email Confirmation for selected registrations

Hi,

I need to have 2 types of accounts, one that needs email verification and another that doesn't need.

I already have an email verification implemented in my game but I need to add another registration type of account that should not have email verification.

Is there any way that I can have this in Playfab? Just ask for email verification in selected new accounts?

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

I assume that you implemented email verification for the contact email, similar to the one described in this tutorial: Using a Rule to Verify a Contact Email Address - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. Apart from the contact email, we also have a login email, which is attached to the player’s master player account and is updated via AddUsernamePassword, RegisterPlayFabUser or LoginWithEmailAddress. Please take a look to see if it meets your requirements. If not, you might consider using Player Data to store the email.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.