question

anil avatar image
anil asked

The account is unavailable, because it is being deleted

I've been getting this error all morning, preventing me from carrying out any work on my title. I have subsequently seen that it's possible to unlink an account instead of deleting a player, but in the meantime is it possible to manually link an account instead? Otherwise I simply cannot login to Playfab on my PC, meaning I can't do any work. I am specifically trying to test some backend functionality with Playfab we've been working on.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Deletion is a queued task in the backend of PlayFab, which will take a few minutes to finish. Usually it won’t last all morning, and it could be an issue if it takes a few hours.

Feel free to use another identities to test PlayFab player accounts before the deletion is completed. I suggest take a longer period of time to monitor the deletion process, and please tell us if the deletion cannot complete.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

anil avatar image
anil answered

We are still getting this issue over 24 hours after deleting players. Our title is in production so not even live, and we have less than 20 accounts associated with the game. This seems like an issue to me, because we'd usually have to wait at most 20 minutes after deleting our players for account deletion to be processed completely. As it stands we have to manually enter an ID to check into the game and we are highly concerned that if we were to wipe accounts in production that the entire game would be inaccessible. This can't be right surely?

2 comments
10 |1200

anil avatar image anil commented ·

Sorry I meant to say our title is not in production.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ anil commented ·

What's the title ID? Do you still keep the player account ID or any other information that can help us locate this player? I can inform the engineer team to help you solve this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
Evgeniy avatar image
Evgeniy answered

Hello!

Some players get this error but we last deleted player accounts on March 23rd.

That is, more than 2 weeks have passed.

Title ID: 6D4A4

2 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask which API returns this error? Is it possible to log into those accounts? In addition, do you have any information about the deleted accounts for us to track down?

0 Likes 0 ·
Evgeniy avatar image Evgeniy Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hello!

The LoginWithCustomID request ends with this response. Therefore, the player cannot log in.

You can for example find the player with playFabId EBD7E608A6F924F. His Custom Id was linked with deleted account previously. After I linked it manually to the new PlayFab account the player got the ability to login.

0 Likes 0 ·
mykhailosilanin avatar image
mykhailosilanin answered

Hello! I have the same problem. One of our users could not login and got the message: "The account is unavailable, because it is being deleted". This user previously was with iOS Identity and "PlatformUserId": [edited]

Title ID: 4C2B9

8 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Please do not share login identities from any platforms. In terms of your issue, I believe it takes few minutes to wait for the completion of deletion. May I ask how long does this player have this issue?

0 Likes 0 ·
mykhailosilanin avatar image mykhailosilanin Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks for the answer! We have problem with this player for two month

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ mykhailosilanin commented ·

Before we submit a report to the team. May I ask do you have the PlayFab ID of this player, that is under deletion?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
mykhailosilanin avatar image mykhailosilanin Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@SethDu sure, we have a paid subscription plan - Standart plan. Studio name - Match Poker Online

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ mykhailosilanin commented ·

Please feel free to submit a support ticket to us and one of our engineer will contact you to provide dedicated support, so that you can privately share the necessary player information with us to locate this player. Thanks for your understanding.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gruff avatar image
Gruff answered

This is a serious bug in PlayFab.

Historically, we used to delete master accounts and immediately be able to re-use the same phone to set up a new account. For whatever reason, currently, if we do this without first unlinking the device id, the device becomes unusable because the automatic login attempt returns the AccountDeleted code with the message "The account is unavailable, because it is being deleted".

There is no apparent workaround for this state:

1. The account is no longer visible in the PlayFab dashboard and cannot be "posthumously" unlinked, or "undeleted".

2. Attempts to unlink the account via the API fail with the PlayFabException, "Must be logged in to call this method", and this is impossible since logging in is now impossible.

We have had devices which have been rendered unusable now for over a week, so the queue is either not being processed for these deletions, or has become so slow something is clearly wrong.

Suggestions 1. Make accounts that have been queued for deletion visible in the PF Admin dashboard so they can be undeleted, or devices unlinked post-deletion. 2. Remove the constraint that prevents a device being linked to a new account if the device is linked to an account that has been "logically deleted" (i.e. queued for deletion). This constraint is not necessary if the account will always eventually be deleted in principle especially if it cannot be undeleted. 3. Stop returning the code AccountDeleted when the account has not yet been deleted. Create an"AccountQueuedForDeletion" or similar for this state. 4. Provide an API mechanism for unlinking deviceIDs from accounts that are not logged in (it should not be necessary to log in to unlink a deviceID from all associated accounts). 5. Automatically unlink devices from accounts whenever a master account is deleted via the dashboard (with a warning dialogue perhaps).

Thank you,

Gruff

2 comments
10 |1200

Gruff avatar image Gruff commented ·

@sethdu please see above

0 Likes 0 ·
Ahmad avatar image Ahmad commented ·

are these suggestions to those that have a problem or playfab devs ? and did you find a solution

0 Likes 0 ·
atle avatar image
atle answered

Same thing happened to me when working on implementing PlayFab to our title, I deleted my Master account (MacOS on my dev laptop) and I am now unable to do any testing until I get Microsoft support to manually unlink and clean up the account deletion.

If this has been an issue since 2021 it is worrying.

10 |1200

Derek avatar image
Derek answered

hello,

Where can I get help on this? I deleted my testing account on the web platform for almost 2 hours now. And I am still getting this error message. I can't do any more testing.

10 |1200

Ahmad avatar image
Ahmad answered

anything on this ?

10 |1200

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 answered

I have the feeling it's intentional. To stop devs from constantly deleting accounts to stay under 100k.

10 |1200

Gavin Jensen (HE/HIM) avatar image
Gavin Jensen (HE/HIM) answered

@Gruff - For suggestion number 2 above if the error code you get back when trying to link an existing device to a new account is LinkedDeviceAlreadyClaimed then I believe you can set the ForceLink flag to true on the LinkAccount Request which should allow you to link an already linked device Id to a new account. Maybe this would allow you to get out of this deadlock.

Here is a link to the iOS Link Account docs where you can see an example of the ForceLink flag.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/account-management/link-ios-device-id?view=playfab-rest#linkiosdeviceidrequest

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.