question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

Get Match allocated server

I am using PlayFab Matchmaking and PlayFab Multiplayer server and have Allocated server selected in Match queue.

I am wondering does Get Match always trying to allocate a server from Stand by server list or sometimes from actived servers list? what happens if there is no stand by servers to allocated?

also how about Request Multiplayer Server API, does it always trying to allocate from a Stand by server or sometimes from active servers list? what happens if there is no stand by servers to allocated?

multiplayerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

GetMatch and RequestMultiplayerServer works pretty much the same regarding allocating servers, they’ll both try to allocate servers from the StandBy server list. And, I think you got the concept of “Active server” wrong because “Active” means that those servers are currently in use (players are playing in it), there is no way to allocate servers from the Active server list. And, If there are no StandBy servers to allocate, request for more game servers will fail until:

1. Active servers are terminated and recycled to StandBy server list.
  2. PlayFab provisions additional servers.

You can enable Dynamic Standby to monitors standby server threshold levels and dynamically activates increased provisioning of game servers to meet demand at scale, please refer to: Dynamic Standby - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.