question

Sarah Davies avatar image
Sarah Davies asked

My PlayFab invitation to join a title as admin is failing

I originally tried to register to PlayFab by myself. When signing up, I typed in my studio name and it created an empty studio of the same name as the one I would later want to join. A member of my team is trying to add me as an admin to our title in the actual, non-empty studio. However when I click on the "Click Playfab Registration" link, it brings me to the https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/my-games page with the empty studio I accidently made when I originally registered. What do I need to do to be able to join the title of the correct studio? I have confirmed with my coworker that it says that the invitation is still pending.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Possibly there can be 2 reasons.

• Browser cookie issue

We will suggest opening the browser in Private mode or in an Incognito window, otherwise you may clean all the cached cookie before opening the invitation link. The email will be like:

Clicking “ACCEPT INVITATION” will redirect to the login page of PlayFab, then you may choose to register a new one or log into an existing one.

• Account authentication provider issue.

There are 2 authentication providers on PlayFab, which are "PlayFab" and "Microsoft AAD". The email address can be the same, but they will be separate developer accounts. You may double-check the authentication provider of required accounts and use the above method to accept the invitation.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Davies avatar image Sarah Davies commented ·

Thank you. I was logging in with a different auth type than the auth type used for the invitation.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.