question

Jérémy avatar image
Jérémy asked

How do you get server details if you request a multiplayer server by BuildAlias ?

Hi !

I'm using a build alias to call RequestMultiplayerServer.
The issue is that now I won't know wich BuildId was used as it is not included in the RequestMultiplayerServer response.

This prevent me to call any of the other endpoints to manipulate those servers as they require the BuildId to locate the server.

Did I miss something ?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Currently, there is no way to get the BuildId with RequestMultiplayerServer API. You can use BuildId to call this API.

If you would like the RequestMultiplayerServer API to return the BuildId, you could post a thread in the Feature Request forum.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jérémy avatar image
Jérémy answered

Thanks, I'll call GetBuildAlias, extract the BuildId and then call RequestMultiplayerServer.
I'll post a feature request too.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.