question

Bijian Wu avatar image
Bijian Wu asked

MultiplayerServerBadRequest - MultiplayerServerBadRequest - ValidationError - There were errors during request validation.: Error - Number of ports on a VM cannot exceed 60. Reduce value specified for SessionHostCountPerVm.

• MultiplayerServerBadRequest - MultiplayerServerBadRequest - ValidationError - There were errors during request validation.: Error - Number of ports on a VM cannot exceed 60. Reduce value specified for SessionHostCountPerVm.
  • what does above error mean when I try to make servers per machine to 50, and how to pass this error?
multiplayer
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I ask how many ports have you defined in the Server Build Configuration? If there are more than one ports, the number of total instances you are able to create may be divided.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bijian Wu avatar image Bijian Wu Seth Du ♦ commented ·

There is only one single port defined in my Server Build Configuration, same port value for Tcp and udp. I wonder how to make this error go away, because I really want to Set Servers Per Machine to 50 or 80. but this error kept pop up

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The ports are not related. According to Connecting clients to game servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs, All VMs use a port range of 30000-31000 for game traffic and 50000-55000 for remote access (SSH/RDP) traffic.

Meanwhile, 60 instances per machine is the maximum limits, and is predefined by Azure. In the common scenario, it cannot be changed. Possibly, you may refer to the Azure specification documentation on: Azure subscription limits and quotas - Azure Resource Manager | Microsoft Docs -- "Number of containers per container group". Please also feel free to contact the Azure team.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.