question

clho40 avatar image
clho40 asked

How to login with Google Sign In (year 2021)

Hello all,

I've been struggling for a long, long time while trying to implement a very simple feature - Sign in with Google Account in Unity. I am not looking at Google Play Games as it is pretty redundant when all the features I need are all in PlayFab. I also do not want my users to feel that it is mandatory to download Google Play Games.

These are the things I've done:

1. Followed the guide Setting up PlayFab authentication using Google Play games sign-in in Unity

- In the new Google Play Developer Console, there's no option to link apps anymore. How do we get the webClientId?

2. Followed the guide Using Google Sign-in with PlayFab

- This post is obsolete

- This is also using Google Play Games which is not what I am looking for

3. Followed the guide on https://github.com/googlesamples/google-signin-unity

- Again, what is the webClientID to be used?

I'm new to game development. I'm surprised and overwhelmed with the large number of articles and options however non of them seem to be working for me :(

Hope to solve this soon!

CL

Authentication
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clho40 avatar image clho40 commented ·

Let's say I want to use Google Play Games to sign in now, I still have no idea how to get the client ID since we can't create Linked Apps in Google Play Console anymore.

Any idea?

0 Likes 0 ·
clho40 avatar image clho40 commented ·

Anyone? Is Google Sign in not a popular option with PlayFab?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ clho40 commented ·

Thank you for your report, we noticed that there is no link app option in Google Play Console. We are doing some tests about it and will keep you updated about the tests. Your patience is appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
clho40 avatar image clho40 Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Thanks for this! I'm really looking forward :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Apologize for the delay. I figured it out, you could follow this document: Get your Google API client ID to create OAuth client ID first, then the web application type client id will be automatically generated for you. You can go to https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/credentials and choose the your project and then choose the Web application type client id. Then you can continue follow this document: Setting up PlayFab authentication using Google Play games sign-in in Unity to set up the Google sign-in. The web client ID, secret and other things mentioned in the document is available on that page.

Please refer to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/49230/playfab-google-integration.html

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.