question

Nikita Matusevich avatar image
Nikita Matusevich asked

Getting a custom server information

Hello.

I am interested in how I can get custom information about a specific server: server name, map name, number of team points, etc.

When creating a server, you can pass the "SessionCookie" parameter, which passes all the necessary information for the server, but how can another client get it along with the list of servers? I can only get the current number of players on the server, no more.

In Legacy servers, this feature is present and this is a big advantage at the moment.

I thought that you can somehow write information about the server by the server itself to the database, and then get this information by the client, but how to delete this information from the database if the server suddenly gets a crash?

I am waiting for any help, because I need to return a list of servers to players with any custom information (as in Battlefield). Thanks.

apisdatamultiplayerMatchmakingdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> I am interested in how I can get custom information about a specific server: server name, map name, number of team points, etc.

Currently, there is no such API can return the server’s custom info in the response. If you want to manage a server list which attached the custom sever info, you may need to use the external storage to hold the corresponding data. For example, you can use the Azure Cosmos DB which can be bind with Azure Functions.

>> but how to delete this information from the database if the server suddenly gets a crash?

The recommending way to check whether the server executable crashes is to monitor the heartbeat of the server program. You can use an external monitor to achieve the heartbeat monitoring.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.