question

JJ avatar image
JJ asked

PlayFab Dashboard Help (Deleting Users)

Hi everyone. I am using Playfab for my Unity school project and I am currently working on an authentication feature.

I have created some test account using dummy emails, and I wanted to tidy up and delete some unused accounts so I actually went to the developer dashboard, under Players, Query(Most Recent Logins), Search, click on one of the Player and click "Delete Master Player")

I repeated this for another player but this time, I clicked on "Delete Title Player". It took very long - about 30-45mins for the player count to update (I used to have 5 players, after 45mins, the deletion has finally processed and I now have 3 players)

I just wanted to clarify 2 things

1) Is this the correct way for me to delete users when I'm trying to test?

2) Why is my email address not available even after I have deleted the account?

Bonus Qns:

I actually would like to learn more about the basic interface of PlayFab, would like to know if anyone knows if there's a good tutorial going through just the basics?

Even after reading the description, I still don't understand the difference between Master Player and Title Player haha.

Thank you for reading this!

Account ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, it is correct. Alternatively, you may also use Admin API DeleteMasterPlayerAccount. The deletion process is queued and could take few minutes to finish. During this period of time, using the same email to login/register will return an error indicating the deletion is in progress. In terms of the count displayed in Game Manger, it will take longer to update. Please refer to the actual behavior from API though we cannot offer the precise time. Since you are getting started to use PlayFab, we highly recommend to use RESTful testing tools(Postman) to try out the APIs.

In terms of Master Player account and Title player account, check my answers in these 2 threads and feel free to tell me if there are any questions:

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JJ avatar image JJ commented ·

Thank you for the response. I don't think I have a problem with this anymore

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.