question

Fabi Blu avatar image
Fabi Blu asked

Limits, PayAsYouGo & Where to store huge amount of data per Player,Limits & Where to store huge amount of data?

Hey, i have some questions.

1) Where can i store a huge amount of data? More specific: I want to store 5k key-value entries per Player and as each value there would be a number from 0 - 100 mio. I want to store some values per day, that i can later check which is the highest one per day/highest 3 ones of the week.

2) Is there a way to go with the free/dev plan over 30 Statistic Entries per player? Because i actually need about 200-500 per player (for leaderboard, if they participate there)

3) on https://playfab.com/pricing/ it says for the Pay-As-you-go Plan "$0.33 per million reads". What does the "million reads" exactly means? Does it means per mio requests from the API? Or per million data requested/read?

Player DataLeaderboards and Statisticslimits
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Fabi Blu avatar image Fabi Blu commented ·

Sry, i am new here. I dont find the button to remove the duplicated text. Its actually just 2x the same text.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered
  1. Though many resources on PlayFab are stored as KVP, you may store the data you have mentioned as a JSON in the value field. Surely additional serialization and deserialization codes should be implemented in the client. However, 5K KVP entries are certainly unnecessary, and it is a waste of resources. Frequently modifying data may increase the cost of your title. Since there are only 2 goals in your scenario – “highest one per day” and “highest 3 ones of the week”. You may implement a cloud script function, where data will be verified and updated in a maximum aggregation. The function will compare the new value with the current value, and only does the update when it is larger. You may store the 7 KVP entries for 7days a week, so that the highest 3 ones of the week can be found out easily.
  2. In the current pricing model, the Development Mode titles already can create 300 leaderboards by default.
  3. The read and write of a profile is separate. Please refer to the documentation on Pricing Meters - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs and PlayFab Consumption Best Practices - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs. “$0.33 per million reads” means every 1,000,000 times of profile reads, PlayFab will charge $0.33.

If you want to upgrade the subscription plan, please feel free to contact the sales team for more information via playfabsales@microsoft.com.

1 comment
    10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Fabi Blu avatar image Fabi Blu commented ·

Thank you!

1) Its not only 3 per week. that was just an example. We actually want to store also the best 12 per month and the same with 48 for the year. In json i can use an array, which should be enough i guess. Currently i tested out player title data where the value is the string holder for the data.

2) Ah yea, thx. I have seen that some hours ago in the limits tab. That saved my life :D

3) Okay thx. I will upgrade, once we are getting enough money for it

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.