question

emrys90@gmail.com avatar image
emrys90@gmail.com asked

High ram usage on server

According to docker, I'm using 1gb in memory for the game servers. It's a 4gb server, and memory usage on the server is at 97%. In task manager I don't see anything taking up large amounts of memory. Any ideas?

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can use the docker stat to display a live stream of container(s) resource usage statistics containing the total memory the container is using, and the total amount of memory it is allowed to use.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

This behavior seems related to the Hyper-V Dynamic Memory. The following question discussed the possible reasons. Also, you can use the memory tool to analyze the RAM usage in the VM, such as using RAMMap. For more advanced question about VM and docker’s use, you can navigate to Hyper-V and docker’s forum for professional suggestions.

https://serverfault.com/questions/793606/guest-vm-showing-high-memory-usage-when-nothing-is-using-the-memory

1 comment
10 |1200

emrys90@gmail.com avatar image emrys90@gmail.com commented ·

I read through that, but there were no answers on how to actually view what was taking it up. I'm just trying to figure out how much RAM I actually have to use for the game servers. If it's truly only 1gb out of a 4gb server that I can use before reaching 100% usage then there's an issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.