question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

How long does it take to update Title Data?

Hello everyone,

I want to make a luck-based buy/sell feature in the game. I'm thinking of using Title Data to save the current price of a item. Everyday, the price of the item will change. The players either buy or sell their items to increase their economy in the game a bit. To change the price, I'll setup a scheduled task to change it randomly in a specific range.

My question is how long does it take to update Title Data? If it takes more than 1 day, I can't use Title Data for this feature.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Since Title Data is sharded and cached, it can take a significant amount of time before all servers are returning the new value - up to an hour. And during that time, depending on which cache services the request, the client could get the old value or the new value. For that reason, it would be a good idea to update the value ahead of when it's actually needed, with a timestamp indicating when it's "live". If you need to prevent the client from knowing the upcoming value, you could use Title Internal Data and only return the values from a Cloud Script.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image Ozan Yilmaz commented ·

I also want to ask if Title Data is updated immediately when I update it on GameManager. I see an immediate change by updating Title Data on GameManager. Is it because I connect to the same server every time?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.