question

emrys90@gmail.com avatar image
emrys90@gmail.com asked

Viewing CPU usage of exe on the server

I'm trying to figure out how I can view the process CPU/RAM usage on the server. I can RDP into it, but looking in Task Manager I can't find the process of the game.

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab Multiplayer server are using Docker to host instances. When you use RDP to access the server, it is the Virtual Machine that is hosting the instances. To access a specific instance, you may run Powershell as an administrator and input “docker ps” to see the running containers. Basically it is fine that you only monitor the VM for the resource consumption, but according to your requirement, to monitor a specific running container, you may use the similar following command to enter the container.

docker exec -it <container-id> powershell

I am not an expert on Docker. If you have specific requirements, please find dedicated support from Docker Developer community.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

emrys90@gmail.com avatar image emrys90@gmail.com commented ·

According to docker, I'm using 1gb in memory for the game servers. It's a 4gb server, and memory usage on the server is at 97%. In task manager I don't see anything taking up large amounts of memory. Any ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ emrys90@gmail.com commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.