question

Lukasz Borun avatar image
Lukasz Borun asked

Asynchronous games and matchmaking

Hello,

I found article about asynchronous game (https://playfab.com/blog/creating-turn-based-asynchronous-matchmaker-without-dedicated-server/) some time ago. But now i can't find link to source code :) does he still exist?

I need to create asynchronous game mode who save all gameboard data in current "room".

I trying find any examples but i failed :/

What i want to do:
1. Seek player to challenge
2. Start playing
3. If current turn player is not connected i need to know that
4. turn limit set to e.g. 5h
5. Get all available games for player to re-join

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct, we're updating for the correct way to do asynchronous matchmaking. We'll provide a link to the latest info in that article as soon as this is available.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar answered

Yes it was removed because it's "broken" as stated in the commit where it happens https://github.com/PlayFab/CloudScriptSamples/commit/fe6a8eb7b32c1228d89fed098bceb475cd1e8631.
I think PlayFab team is trying to come up with the best practices and guidelines on how to use CloudScript.

10 |1200

fabian-kuhn@gmx.de avatar image
fabian-kuhn@gmx.de answered

@Brendan Vanous

Any update on that Topic ? im interested aswell :)

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Right now, you could enable skill-based async matchmaking by using the GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer. We'll also be providing resetting leaderboards shortly, so you could set them to expire on a weekly basis, to ensure that players who haven't been in the game in a long time aren't being used for matchmaking requests.

We'll provide a more complete asynchronous matchmaker in a future update.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.