question

ralf avatar image
ralf asked

How to disable playstream events so they do not generate cost?

We're trying to optimize playfab usage with a moderately active title that earns next to nothing and I noticed we're currently being charged by a TON of playstream events we do not use for anything. They are pure cost to us with no value whatsoever which is plain bad :/ Statistic events?? Virtual currency events?? I understand the usage and need depends on the game itself and some people might want to have the possibility to use them which is supercool, BUT we are not actually using them!!!

We already turned off what we could in title settings, cloudscript events from clientside and bundled some calls but seems like the vast majority of cost comes from events we have no way to control at the moment.

How can we turn off certain events (clientside/serverside?) so we're only charged by the events we're actually using for anything rather than by all.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Those playstream events are automatically generated by PlayFab Game Services and they are fundamental to how the service operates. They cannot be disabled. Please refer to this thread: https://community.playfab.com/questions/46151/can-i-turn-off-the-playstream-event-feature-if-dis.html

You could try reducing events by optimizing the API calls. For example, cache data locally and reduce the frequency of calling APIs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.