question

Darius Vu avatar image
Darius Vu asked

How do we resend the confirmation email?

Dear Team,

I referred the tutorial in here to verify a contact email address.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/engagement/emails/using-a-rule-to-verify-a-contact-email-address

However, I had the issue that an user received the confirmation email, but they didn't click to verify the email at that time. After 24 hours, they click email to verify, but it didn't work. It seems the token is expired.

So do we have any way to resend the confirmation email? Because the event player_updated_contact_email is only called if the contact email is changed.

Thank you so much.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

You can use the SendEmailFromTemplate API to resend the verification email for that player.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu commented ·

Hi @Citrus Yan, I thought about this API. But after sending the email and if an user clicks that email to verify then the contact email status is updated from pending to verified or not?

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Darius Vu commented ·

It'll get updated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Darius Vu avatar image Darius Vu Citrus Yan commented ·

@Citrus Yan: But I see that this API is the server API, so could I use the cloud script to call to it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.