question

dacnguyen avatar image
dacnguyen asked

Can I turn off the PlayStream Event feature? If disabled, does it affect the API? I don't use write event but in my "Plan recommendation" section there are millions of events?

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Certain core events are fundamental to how the service operates - things like login, purchases, etc. Those cannot be disabled.

But bear in mind that it's not millions of events - it's millions of units on the event meter. Each event ticks the meter 1 for every KB of the event data (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/consumption-best-practices).

By a wide margin, the largest events for most titles are Cloud Script execution events, which are optional. They are only sent if you explicitly set the flag to send them to true, which we recommend you not do in production (it's really only meant for debugging). Having it as an optional parameter you can turn on for a specific client (using a title data stored list of IDs, for example) is a good best practice.

You can also turn off all optional data reporting (system info, focus changes) in the Title Settings->Data Collection tab of your game.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dacnguyen avatar image dacnguyen commented ·
Thank you for your answer. I found the reason behind using Scheduled Tasks
0 Likes 0 ·
dacnguyen avatar image
dacnguyen answered

Thank you for your answer. I found the reason behind using Scheduled Tasks

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.