question

daniel-6 avatar image
daniel-6 asked

Does Playfab UnitySDK uses encryption?

Hi,

I'm using Playfab in an IOS mobile app made with Unity3D so I'm using the Playfab UnitySDK.

I'm asked by Apple the following question:

"Does your app use encryption? Select Yes even if your app onlys uses the standard encryption within Apple's operating system."

I would like to know what kind of encryption is used?ATS? HTTPS? SSL? etc..

Also, would like to know the purpose of each instance of encryption?

Right now in my app, I use Playfab authentication API and also I make API calls to save and load player data.

Should I say Yes or No to their question?

Thank you!

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

PlayFab requires that SSL be used for all API calls to the service, to prevent man-in-the-middle attacks. PlayFab UnitySDK calls the RESTful API via Https. So, yes, it uses the encryption. For more suggestions on your question, please refer to the answer of this thread -- https://community.playfab.com/questions/6278/itunes-quest-about-encryption.html?childToView=23248#answer-23248.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daniel-6 avatar image
daniel-6 answered

Thank you for the answer!

It seems like the SSL and HTTPS can be ignored when answering their question when publishing an app as per their rules though.

Thanks

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.