question

Piotr Duchnowski avatar image
Piotr Duchnowski asked

Launcher playfab

I have created a launcher in which there is login and registration via Playfab, I have an EU4 engine, is there any option for the game to download data, for example, the name of the player, after launching the game?
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

A client will require the player to log in to access any data from PlayFab. Hence, as you have mentioned, you have a launcher for login. I am not sure of when is “after launching the game”. If it is when the launcher starts, you may implement a silent login after the first time. The access token for a PlayFab account is “Session ticket” and “Entity Token”, as long as the players hold those identities, the client can call any client APIs, which means you may pass through the data across the scenes. In UE4, you may implement C++ code to transfer the access tokens to the game so that there won't be addtional login in the game. The rest of case, for example “any option for the game to download data”, is simply client-side code logic.

Moreover, you may define “InfoRequestParameters” property in the request of any login API, so that additional information will be returned in a successful callback. Otherwise, you may also use GetProfile, GetPlayerProfile APIs after logged-in.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.