question

pdaz avatar image
pdaz asked

How to use Data Explorer with custom events?

How can I add a condition where EventData.clanId is equal to "TOPR" to find this event? I used to enter just "TOPR" in old Event History and it searched through all history, but now you don't provide search line...

3.jpg (124.7 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Event History supports KQL. I will provide a KQL query later.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Please try the following KQL:

['events.all']  | where FullName_Name == "player_changeCL_clan" and EventData.clanId == "TOPR" 

Moreover, in a recent update, PlayFab Game Manager has provided a more convenient way to query events at Data Explorer (basic) tab, which provides a UI to query the event.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pdaz avatar image pdaz commented ·

I can only enter it in Data Explorer (advanced), but I don't see any field to do it in a Basic version. I can't choose my own EventData from the list here.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ pdaz commented ·

You may also input the KQL in Event History query field.

0 Likes 0 ·
pdaz avatar image pdaz Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I know but you are going to remove this awesome tool by the end on January.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ pdaz commented ·

The current implementation of Data Explorer (basic) doesn't support the customized properties. Even with Event History, you may still write your own KQL in the query field. You may use Advanced version of Data Explorer for your scenario. The basic Data Explorer is more convenient and powerful than Event History.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.