question

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio asked

iOS Build Linking Error

When building for iOS, I get the following error:

"_OBJC_CLASS_$_ASIdentifierManager", referenced from:

objc-class-ref in PlayFabURLRequest.o

ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

I've tried using Mono2x and IL2CPP with both .NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0 subset. I am using Unity 5.3.1f1 and the Unity SDK version 0.13.151211 and Xcode 7.2

Android apks build with no problem.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio answered

I will answer my question here in case somebody stumbles across this:

After opening PlayFabURLRequest.mm I noticed that there was an #include for <AdSupport/ASIdentifierManager.h>

In Xcode's Build Phases section, under Link Binary With Libraries, I noticed that AdSupport.framework was not being linked to. Adding this solved the problem.

Learn something every day :)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Peter C avatar image
Peter C answered

Hi, Thank you very much for sharing this useful info as I have been trying to solve this issue for almost half a day but without any clue.  Much appreciated & Have a nice day!! Peter :-)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.